Young Poets & Artists Competition
Open to young people across Hampshire in three age categories:
4-7 years, 8-11 years, 12-16 years.
Closing date: Wednesday 31 July 2019
You can download a leaflet here or read full information below
ONLINE – POEM ONLY
You can submit your poem online visit:
You can download an entry sheet here.
BY POST – POEM AND ARTWORK
On a separate sheet of A4 paper, please provide the following information:
Your name, address, age at time of submitting entry plus a contact phone number and
Please also tell us where you heard about the competition.
Send your poem or artwork and entry sheet in an envelope clearly marked 'Keats in Winchester Competition' to:
Hampshire Cultural Trust,
Hampshire, SO23 8RB
The Competition Rules
The competition is free and open to any young person in the three specified age categories who lives or studies in Hampshire.
• Poetry entries can be submitted online or by post; art entries can be submitted by post only.
• The poem should be no longer than 14 lines, in English, be the entrant’s own work and should not have been published elsewhere, including online, and not have won any other competition. You may enter more than one poem if you wish.
• Artwork should be on one side of an A4 size paper, be the entrant’s own work and should not have been on display elsewhere, including online, and not have won any other competition. Any materials can be used but computer-generated entries will not be accepted. Please do not mark the front of your artwork, but on the back add your name, age,
contact details and title of your work.
• Closing date: midnight GMT 31 July 2019.
• No changes can be made once entries have been submitted.
• The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The winners will be contacted by email or post and announced at City Museum Winchester on Sunday 29 September 2019.
Poetry prizes kindly donated in memory of Gordon Ward, former English teacher,
Hampshire Education Adviser and lover of poetry.
In partnership with Hampshire Cultural Trust, Heritage Open Days and Visit Winchester/ Winchester City Council.